A Virtual Half-Century in the Field
Webinar Format: Zoom
Access Information Here
Speaker: Dr. Christopher Uchrin, Rutgers University
The author is in his 49th year as an environmental engineer working in the sectors of government (USEPA), a university research professor, and a private consultant. During this time, he has worked on a progression of projects many of which have involved solids and sediments. The presentation will involve presenting results from some of these projects and case studies and discussing their impacts and lessons learned. Specific topics will include:
- Tar-balls on the Beach and The Great Sludge Monster of 1972-4,
- Where are the PCBs in Hudson Falls, NY? (In the sediments, of course, but why?)
- What caused the Aldicarb mess on Long Island and why should it be avoided in New Jersey?
- The Unwanted Guest – TCE in the Basement?
- What is and what causes Sediment Oxygen Demand, why is it so difficult to measure, and how can micro probes offer promise?